dear silly girl,
i had orientation this week, and would like to summarize what i learned:
1. I am poor.
2. I am going to get poorer.
3. I have 2 tests the first day of class in August.
4. I was required to make a Facebook page.
5. I am going to look like a mad scientist whilst wearing my loupes. Oh, and mine have a light on them.
6. It costs a lot of money to look like a mad scientist.
7. I have to buy a new wedding band (only flat bands allowed) and cut my hair.
8. I have a “big sister.” And thankfully, she seems cool.
9. I’m too soft to deal with sales people.
10. I don’t like any of the people who got accepted into the program from my school. (me = big meanie)
11. I do like several other girls I met at orientation.
12. I’m going to love wearing scrubs! Seriously, they’re like pajamas.
13. I’ll be wearing blue and black every day of the week for two years.
14. I have to buy some very expensive shoes.
15. I have to get up at the crack of dawn and be at school by 8 a.m., Monday through Friday.
16. You have to get up super early as well. I’m really looking forward to how fun that will be.
17. It’s going to be really hard.
18. It’s going to seem like it’s taking forever.
19. I’m going to miss having a life.
20. But it’s going to be awesome and, more importantly, it’s going to be worth it.
now in a few months i may forget that last part. i know at this point you won’t remind me because as you like to tell me, “i don’t want you to go to school.” but maybe one day you will agree with my original idea that it was worth it after all. i hope so anyway.